Following our massive 10th anniversary celebration in 2018, we are returning this year with a bang! We bring you our most legendary line up yet, celebrating music icons of the 80s and beyond.
Along with trusted favourites like Tiffany, UB40(feat Ali Campbell & Astro), Heather Small and The Selecter returning to Capesthorne Hall in August, we’re excited to bring a batch of brand new headliners to the mix! Here’s your cheat sheet to our two new headliners at Rewind North…
Top 5 fast facts about our headliners!
- Gloria grew up with five brothers but no sister. Her brothers sang gospel and formed a quartet with a friend, but Gloria was not allowed to sing with them because she was a girl!
- Gaynor went to beauty school and took business courses to appease her mother who wanted her to have something to fall back on
- She began her recording career in 1971, but her first real breakthrough came in 1978 with the release of her smash hit single “I Will Survive”
- Speaking of which, she suffered a back injury and was in hospital for 6 months before recording this song. She really did survive!
- The release of “I Am What I Am” in 1984 became a gay anthem and turned Gloria into a LGBT icon
- The band’s name came from a robot character called “Tin Lizzie” which they adjusted to Thin Lizzy as a playful nod to the local Dublin accent
- 2019 is the 50th anniversary of the original band’s formation
- The band have released 12 studio albums throughout the 70s and early 80s, spawning the signature songs ‘The Boys Are Back in Town”, “Whiskey In The Jar“, and “Dancing In The Moonlight (It Caught Me In Its Spotlight)“
- They switched from using one guitarist to two – this style was later popularised by bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Def Leppard
- Thin Lizzy’s Philip Lynott provided the soundtrack to Top of the Pops from 1981 until 1986
Haven’t seen our full line up yet? Check it out here.
And if that’s not enough to whet your appetite, we’ll be announcing more exciting festival acts and entertainment over the next few months! Subscribe to our newsletter below to make sure you don’t miss a beat.